Cloudy Water on a 10G Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new with my acuarium, at firt I had the water running through the filter and a stone that makes bubbles, Im doing this because my cousing told me to do it and let the tank for 5 days with the water running through the filter before I put all the fishes in the tank. At first the water was so clear and with a smell of clorine, but now the water doesnt smell like clorine anymore but it became cloudy. Can Somebody help me with that, if it normal that the water does that.

1. Chlorine is bad for fish. Always use a dechlorinator before adding water to the tank. It is fine if your tank doesn't smell anymore.
2. Cloudy water may indicate your tank is going through a cycle. Cycles are good, it means you are developing the bacteria you need to break down fish waste in your tank.
3. check out the articles on the site. The ones that will interest you are the nitrogen cycle, which explains why your water is cloudy. And you can check out this thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/common-newbie-pitfalls-67468.html It might give you some good advice about what to look out for since you are just starting out.

Back
Top Bottom