Cloudy Water problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffkics

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK so I have a 30H gal. tank, and I'm having a problem with cloudy water. The tank has been going for over a year and it has never been crystal clear. I have done partial water changes, 25-50%, I have tested the water, no ammonia, nitrates. I have had a problem keeping 7.0pH however. usually, stays around 6.5.
I have tryed everything that I can think of. I have even added those "Crystal Clear" formulas, with no luck.
The water is a hazy/light greeninsh in color. I do have alge growth, inside the filter and on some of the stones, but not much.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks
Jeff

WHAT KIND OF FILTER DO YOU HAVE? HOW MANY GALLONS IS IT RATED FOR? ALSO, IS IT THE WATER THAT IS CLOUDY? -> LIKE WHITE? GREENISH? IS IT JUST ALGAE GROWTH ON THE WALLS OF THE TANK? DO YOU OVERFEED?

I only have 2 fish, I feed once a day. Water is a greenish color.

I have a bio-filter rated for a 50gal tank.

i would say it's probably algae overgrowth...is it in a lot of or direct sunlight? if so i would move it, and don't leave your lights on for extended periods...chemicals should be a last resort, they only treat the symptoms anyway, not the problem...do you have a lot of live plants in your tank?

Back
Top Bottom