cloudy water surface?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyrel

Aquarium Advice Regular
The surface of the water in my tank has been cloudy for the last few days. almost milky... What could this be?

i beleive you just answered your own question...lol. but i could be totally wrong, do you have surface current at all?

I have quite a bit of surface current, but what causes the cloudy surface? Can it be harmful?

Whew!.... Thanks, I had a rough start with this tank, but I think Its gonna work out great.

yeah most likely a bacterial bloom, just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt get to bad and hopefully it will go away soon enough....get pics if you are able to that will help us identify for you :D

Do you have a test kit? If so, current water parameters could also help us diagnose the problem.

I keep my water level low enough that the water from the hob falls into the water and that usually gets rid of the surface cloud.

Usually "white and milky" looking is indicitave of a bacterial bloom.. nothing to worry about and it will clear up on its own.. Good luck with your new tank, what are you stocking with?

Back
Top Bottom