Clown Knife and Red Tail Cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean a South American redtailed catfish? I'd avoid those unless you have a seriously massive tank. They can grow to three and a half feet.

A lot of time it's hard to rehome really big fish like that. No as many people can keep them as could smaller fish. I still would not do it.

I dont know the fish well but I think they are compatable....

Be prepared. If he doesn't sell you need to have a back up plan. Youngins can grow 1" a week! There is no tank that can permanently house one (besides a custom built like 12x4x3). You need a heated pool. You will probably sell him, but you might end up having him for a while,and a 55g is only good for one maybe up to 8"-1'. You will need a CRAP LOAD of filtration. I'm talking like 800+ GPH. I'm sure you have read all this stuff though. Just in case you haven't, well here you go. Not trying to be mean, just telling you.
You can read a little more about RTC's here, So you want to keep a RTC (Red Tailed Catfish)?

has been awhile but he was doa heater in shipping truck broke killed the whole shipment of fish in mn it was 5 degrees so froze them settled for this guy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120217_222128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120217_222128.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom