clown loach behavior odd..experts please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys, any of you guys ever seen a clown loach just lay on its side and barely breathe? mine did this today by the cermaic stump I have, never seen it do it before, so I poked him with the net and it kind a startled him as if he was sleeping lol is thisa normal behavior?

yea, mine does that all the time. She will also cram herself into a crack in one of the caves and sleep upside down.

Yeah, I've had it happen many times where people will come over and be looking in my fish tank, asking if my clowns are dead because they're sleeping in a funny position.

Yep- a very common clown loach activity.

Some people say its just a way they like to sleep. Personally, I think they're twisted little buggers and enjoy giving their owners heart attacks. ;)

I remember having read about it before I got my first CL trio, but it still scared me when I saw it for the first time.

Just wait until you hear them start making that clicking noise when you feed them. The noise freaked me out the first few times I heard it. Not used to fish making noises.

Back
Top Bottom