Clown Loach Fighting....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thutton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently added another clown loach to my tank as I lost one of my Trio and a duet just isnt the same :D

The to largest one like to fight with each other locking jaws and clicking with neither of them backing down.

I would like to know if I should be concerned?

any advice would be great as my 3 Clowns are my favourite members of my tank which is 75 Gallon if you need to know for your advice

Thanks in advanced,
Travis

I've never known clown loaches to hurt each other. Mostly playful nipping. The folks at loachesonline might have a better answer. They have helped me with loach-specific questions in the past.

My clowns chase each other but don't nip or fight, there are 6 of them and they are the best of buddies. Wish I could tell you if it was something to worry about. Are the 2 that are fighting one old one and your new addition?

Yep it is the largest 2 which are one old and the new one.

It isnt a constant fighting but I have seen them "Play" fight and it is much less violent I have seen on other sites that it is normal I just wanted to confirm that.

Loaches will also click when they are enjoying their food. Mine click like crazy over zuc for some reason.

IME this behaviour seems to be just playing between them. As long as none get injured, you shouldn't worry about it.

My angelicus loaches "dance-fight" a lot. It is really a fun thing to watch. I have 3 of them and they change "dancing" partners. I've seen similar "dance-fighting" with Yo Yos, zebras and clown loaches.

I'm not sure they do. I hear clicking-type sounds at feeding time but I can't be sure that it is clicking or them just eating food near the surface and making popping/clicking type noises.

Back
Top Bottom