Clown loach help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlow115

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 clown loaches 1 chicilid 2 scats in a 10 gallon tank and seems to e that one of my clowns have the top half of the back fin missing what could this be from? Any help thanks!

Why is that bad? Well there still babies I'm obviously going to go bigger I just got it not log ago

But I'm also going to buy more clowns cause I know they like to be in schools of 5+

As you know, your tank is much too small for this species. It's really best to purchase species that will fit into your existing tank when they reach their adult size, otherwise they can suffer from stunted growth.

What species of cichlid?

What are scats?

Moved to FW and Brackish- General Discussion.

Depending on what cichlid you have, I'd be inclined to blame it for the wound on your clown loach. Even as juveniles, your fish do not have enough room.

Scats are brackish water fish I believe, and do not belong with your other fish.

The other posters have already mentioned that clown loaches grow much too large for this tank, so I won't bother going on about that. I would strongly suggest waiting until you upgrade to a much larger tank before purchasing any more clown loaches.

*edit* Welcome to AA! :)

Alright thanks guys I have silver scats and and African chicilid the guy at the fish store pretty picked out the fish for me and told the fish I could get so I got them :/

Well, I'm sorry to hear that... I wouldn't listen to anything else they say from this point forward. They aren't giving you good advice. If it is possible to return the African cichlid and the scats, that would be a good idea. The 10 gallon will suffice for a little while for the loaches until you are able to upgrade.

I know it's weird because all the fish I bought they were all in 10 gallon tanks at the store how about the chicilid return it for what reason? And how long do you think I have until i need to upgrade and for loaches you think minimum 150 gallon?

The store has no option but to keep their fish in small tanks. That's because it's only short-term. It's not for the life of the fish.

Your best bet is to research your particular species and then you can see where we're coming from.

Do you know which cichlid species you have? They are usually in a species-only tank, given their aggression level, depending on the species.

Ok no I did sorry guys new to the fish world and thought I could take advice from Fish store guess not:/ and I believe it is an African chiclid it's like smaller bright orange fish

image-2983760168.jpg

And that's the loach that's grey ish and has tail missing is there anything I can do to help it?

Ok thanks guys so much but where would I rehouse them to? So even if I bought a bigger you still say I shouldn't have them all together?

Back
Top Bottom