Clown Loaches hiding alot???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just recently bought 2 Clown Loaches about 3-4inches in size. Seems like they are always hiding except for feeding time. is this normal???

Clown loaches are a schooling fish. They do best in groups of 5+ IMO. Make sure the tanks large enough. Nothing less than a 75. And that's pushing it. :)

TankMan said:
Clown loaches are a schooling fish. They do best in groups of 5+ IMO. Make sure the tanks large enough. Nothing less than a 75. And that's pushing it. :)

5+ really?? Hmm well I have a 180G tank so that's not the problem at all

Wow, nice tank size. Yes they do better in larger groups. Plus they could just be stressed from the move, give them some time. Also make sure there's nothing else in the tank that might be scaring them.

librarygirl said:
Wow, nice tank size. Yes they do better in larger groups. Plus they could just be stressed from the move, give them some time. Also make sure there's nothing else in the tank that might be scaring them.

Thanks :) they're the biggest fish in the tank right now lol they bullied my rubbernose pleco for an algae wafer today lol

I had two to start, never seen them so I added another one I rescued from a 20 gallon, 2 days later the 3 of them where swimming around happy as Larry up and down the front of the tank, the only time I don't see them is when they are lying with there ***,s out of a large hole in a piece of bogwood sleeping.

Borderlesscott said:
I had two to start, never seen them so I added another one I rescued from a 20 gallon, 2 days later the 3 of them where swimming around happy as Larry up and down the front of the tank, the only time I don't see them is when they are lying with there ***,s out of a large hole in a piece of bogwood sleeping.

Lol okay?? Trying to figure out what you were trying to say there in the end haha but maybe I'll go out n get another one and c what happens :)

Clown loaches are very social fish but like librarygirl suggested they will take a while to recover from the stress of moving.

Mine took around 4 weeks to start being more comfortable swimming around their new tank.

Cynic said:
Clown loaches are very social fish but like librarygirl suggested they will take a while to recover from the stress of moving.

Mine took around 4 weeks to start being more comfortable swimming around their new tank.

Okay so I'll just give em some time then, no biggie :)

Back
Top Bottom