Clown pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The API freshwater master test kit is a much. Since you don't have any live plants you're not adding any nutrients, which means the algae is most likely cause by light. 6 hours really isn't excessive, so my only guess is that your light might be too powerful for your tank. I believe your loach will eat any snails you put in, but I'm not entirely certain?

no, he only has kuli loach, which will not bother the snails. plus the nerites are pretty big themselves there's no way that the kuli will try to wrestle with the nerite.

Do you think I should return my pleco and get snails or just add snails? Ok I'll pick up that test kit.

Do you think I should return my pleco and get snails or just add snails? Ok I'll pick up that test kit.

call them ahead of time to confirm. different stores have different attitude regarding this issue. i would return if i were you because i have a personal dislike for plecos and considering the fact that you're overstocking i would return it. but definitely call ahead of time to make sure. my local lfs has really awesome return policy therefore thus far i've not had issue with returning fish dead or alive.

call them ahead of time to confirm. different stores have different attitude regarding this issue. i would return if i were you because i have a personal dislike for plecos and considering the fact that you're overstocking i would return it. but definitely call ahead of time to make sure. my local lfs has really awesome return policy therefore thus far i've not had issue with returning fish dead or alive.

My lfs has a great policy too they don't mind if I bring back fish dead or alive also. I think I'm going to return him since I never see him and he's not really doing me any good. If I was able to see him everyday it would be a different story... Ill look into the snails a little bit more. Thank you for all the help.

Also I don't feel as if I'm over stocked. Do you feel I am for a 55 gal fw community tank?

Even though clown plecos stay relatively small they still have a fairly large bio load. If you don't like him, I say take him back. I keep mine because I enjoy seeing him when I find him! Sorry about the wrong info on the loach

Even though clown plecos stay relatively small they still have a fairly large bio load. If you don't like him, I say take him back. I keep mine because I enjoy seeing him when I find him! Sorry about the wrong info on the loach

Yeah I think I'm going to try and return him. I just hate the fact that I've only seen him once in two weeks, plus with his high bio load he just won't work for me. That's ok! I appreciate all in the info!

There only going to give me 1/3 in store credit for him so I think I'm just going to keep him and make the best out of it. Hopefully he shows himself a little more.

Back
Top Bottom