ClownKnife Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're very attractive to look at when they're young but honestly, I can't figure why they sell them, since they eventually become simply enormous. Not many have the space or money to keep genuine monster fish once they get some growth on them.

They're very attractive to look at when they're young but honestly, I can't figure why they sell them, since they eventually become simply enormous. Not many have the space or money to keep genuine monster fish once they get some growth on them.
Same reason they sell all large predators such as arrowanas :)

True enough, I suppose. I just don't get it.. the stores never tell anybody how big the darn things are going to get and I'd guess the majority of buyers have no idea when they buy them how big they're going to get. Seems sad to me. Then, I don't get why folks want things like Snakeheads either. I'm fondest of the very small fishes.. the tinier they are, the better I like most of them.

True enough, I suppose. I just don't get it.. the stores never tell anybody how big the darn things are going to get and I'd guess the majority of buyers have no idea when they buy them how big they're going to get. Seems sad to me. Then, I don't get why folks want things like Snakeheads either. I'm fondest of the very small fishes.. the tinier they are, the better I like most of them.

That's how I feel about most fish. I like little fish

Fishobsessed7

Imagine they told people how big goldfish got haha :)

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

I love all types of knife fish but no fish is perfect and with knife fish their adult size is what makes them a real heart breaker. I'd love to keep one once I have a large enough tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom