Co2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
was thinking of attempting to dose Co2 in my 10 and 29 gallon planted aquariums. i want my dwarf hairgrass to really cover the bottom. i was wondering if this would work and how you would work it.
Amazon.com: NutraFin CO2 Natural Plant System: Patio, Lawn & Garden
if you dont think this'll work send me a link to something else that might. (plz keep it cheap unless i can use it for both of my aquariums)
:thanks:

could i use an airstone with this instead of the ladder thing? the reason i want this is bc i dont think i could setup the diy Co2

It'll clog up fast because of the yeast and the bubbles will be far too large. I suggest DiY co2...far cheaper and is barely more inconvenient. Diffusion can be had with a powerhead. Feed the co2 into the inlet, let it get all chopped up by the impeller.

Yah a powerhead. You can get all the supplies you need at the grocery store. A few pounds of sugar and then some bakers yeast. Add a pinch of yeast to 2L of water and 1.5 cups of sugar in a big bottle. I add a squirt of pH up and micros to keep it going longer. This lasts about 3 weeks. It was a real pain to replace this stuff for upwards of a year so I switched to pressurized.

i hate that video it doesnt give you how big the bottle needs to be, how much of each thing, or everything you need.

yaya!!! i can start Co2 this week. anybody have any hairgrass and wanna tell me how long it takes them to carpet the substrate?

oh one more question if you dont have that many plants can the Co2 suffocate your fish? bc i only have a melon sword and some dwarf hairgrass.

Yes, but that's why we use drop checkers. I got mine online for only 5 bucks but you could diy one for pennies. I'd start saving up for co2 and lighting if you're really into it. It's not that expensive and it's well worth it. Just purchased a 10lb tank and regulator for only about 55 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom