Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmrwiggly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75g tank with about 50 plants and 22 fish and 6 dwarf shrimp. The plants don't look great but are growig. I use root tabs and API leaf zone. Could the tank not have enough co2?

Depends on the amount of light. What kind of lighting is over this tank? All plants will appreciate the addition of CO2 regardless of the level of light, however, the lower the light, the less they require it. Also depends on the types of plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All the plants require moderate lighting. I have a current usa satellite led 6500k full spectrum light.

During the week 12-13hrs due to my work schedule. I feed the fish and turn on the light just before I go to work. I don't get home until 12-13hrs later which I do a feeding and turn off the light. I work nights

Buy a timer. Have the lights on for about 8hours. If you are still concerned you can buy some liquid co2. Take it easy with the stuff at first since you shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you. I thought that the light might be on too long. I will try to get the wife to be the timer. My job is feeding and cleaning and her job is watching.LOL

I started out with a liquid feed, then started adding root tabs. Then I discover Excel (Glut) a liquid carbon source which also has a mild algaecide ingredient. Then I tried Co2 injection. Now I use all 4 and my plants are ripped out by the handful to keep swimming area open - love it!
As for the shrimp, my tank has hundreds of RCS and 3 hitch hikers (1 ghost and 2 Amazon) and I use Excel but with all long term additives it is a good idea to introduce it slowly until you reach the level you want. Most fish and shrimp adapt quite quickly if the water conditions are good. Just avoid any medication with copper because that will kill the shrimp straight out.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom