CO2 Diffuser Set - Confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The sea monkeys Rock

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

Just purchased a co2 diffuser set from 'waterplant'. Clearly it is cheap and likely a waste of money I realise in hindsight. However as Ive now bought it I might as well use it.

I have a 12L tank with Green Cabomba in it. I have a CO2 indicator which shows if there is too much or too little CO2.

Has anyone used this CO2 Diffuser Set before? The instructions are written in bad English and dont explain how to get the correct flow rate of CO2 bubbles.

The link to the product is here:

Professional Aquarium Products in details CO2 Diffuser Set - ISTA

http://www.istaproducts.com/pictures/produtos/I-512/catalog/512_co2_diffuser_set.pdf

Thanks

I had this product for about a half hour and I agree its a piece of garbage, but if you can't return it and want to use it I completely understand. Haha my regulator was badly made and it wouldn't even puncture the cylinder. Anyway, so you set up the regulator on the cylinder making sure the knob is all the way in the off position, connect the airlines to the bubble counter and from the counter to the diffuser, then fill the counter with water. Turn the knob on the regulator until you see air bubbles coming out in the counter, then adjust it slowly until you see one bubble every second, you'll have to recheck it for about 5 minutes because it will take a second to build up pressure in the diffuser. Turn it on before your lights and off about 30 minutes before you turn the lights off. Use the drop checker to keep the co2 in a safe level. Blue = not enough co2. yellow = too much. green = safe. If you really want to do the small co2 kits the fluval systems are a lot better but if you can get the ISTA thing to work then they both do the same thing.

Cheap CO2

I had this product for about a half hour and I agree its a piece of garbage, but if you can't return it and want to use it I completely understand. Haha my regulator was badly made and it wouldn't even puncture the cylinder. Anyway, so you set up the regulator on the cylinder making sure the knob is all the way in the off position, connect the airlines to the bubble counter and from the counter to the diffuser, then fill the counter with water. Turn the knob on the regulator until you see air bubbles coming out in the counter, then adjust it slowly until you see one bubble every second, you'll have to recheck it for about 5 minutes because it will take a second to build up pressure in the diffuser. Turn it on before your lights and off about 30 minutes before you turn the lights off. Use the drop checker to keep the co2 in a safe level. Blue = not enough co2. yellow = too much. green = safe. If you really want to do the small co2 kits the fluval systems are a lot better but if you can get the ISTA thing to work then they both do the same thing.

Hi Zimmanski,

Thanks for your comments.

I think my product is even cheaper than what you had then. I dont have a regulator. Just an aerosol can with a button. You have to press the button with your finger like you would on a can of deodorant. Then the camber fills with CO2. The bit I am stuck on is how to then allow the diffuser to release the bubbles, the CO2 just stays in the container. No values anywhere to be see.

The only instruction I can find says:

To control the CO2 dissolving rate, to place the chamber near
the water flow of the filter is quicker.

Great English too! Any ideas? Maybe donate it to trash can ? :ROFLMAO:

The diffuser will release bubbles on its own, when the pressure is enough that the gas can push through the stone. I am not familiar with this product however, I just thought I would help with the diffuser question. Hope it helps??

Hi Zimmanski,

Thanks for your comments.

I think my product is even cheaper than what you had then. I dont have a regulator. Just an aerosol can with a button. You have to press the button with your finger like you would on a can of deodorant. Then the camber fills with CO2. The bit I am stuck on is how to then allow the diffuser to release the bubbles, the CO2 just stays in the container. No values anywhere to be see.

The only instruction I can find says:

To control the CO2 dissolving rate, to place the chamber near
the water flow of the filter is quicker.

Great English too! Any ideas? Maybe donate it to trash can ? :ROFLMAO:

Oh wow okay, sorry I thought I knew what you were talking about haha. I never knew anyone made co2 systems like that. Ista waterplant items are all pretty much garbage though, sorry you got jipped, I know its hard to pass up what looks like a good deal but I'll never buy from ista again haha. Good luck with it!

Back
Top Bottom