cold water alge eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snails? A hillstream loach likes coldwater but prefers a strong current and I'm not sure how they would do with messy goldfish. They do clean the glass but only small amounts....so probably wouldn't solve the problem. Some people say chinese algae eaters can live in coldwater and make good algae eaters when young....but they stop eating algae with age and you may find them trying to suck on your goldfish.

If you have a bad algae problem your best bet would be to figure out whyand try to correct it.

I had an algae problem in my 26G tank, and not even the pleco I had did the job. But now I got 4 CAE's, and they work wonders. One thing you could do is when they get bigger, can always sell them and get more smaller ones. Since I put them in, I haven't had to clean algae off my glass. it was bad at the gravel level, but now it's very clean. Even on my driftwood, the CAE's are doing a wonderful job.

its not a bad alge problem...just starting on the glass....tank gets some direct sunlight so i think this may be a big factor

I just got my 55G today. Once it's up and running, will keep 1 CAE in the 26G, and the other 3 are going to the 55G.

Back
Top Bottom