cold water fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saaebn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello- just thought of something else I wanted to ask. My 75 gal tank right now has 3- 4 inch goldfish and one betta. We were going to take him out but everyone agrees he seems to like it in there. my temp is a pretty constant 75 degrees. One of my boys wants something that stucks to the side of the tank. Is there anything that will tolerate that temp? He also likes those big round snails you see at the pet store. I am eventually thinking that I might put my goldfish back out in their pond ( they do well in there as well) and buy two heaters. Then I will buy more warmer fish and so I have told him he might have to wait for that. I am still learning. Is there a good web site or book to just read up on freshwater fish?

Thanks
stacie

your goldfish when they bigger or hungry, will shred your bettas fins :(

my fancy round bellies beat a poor betta up something awful

75 degrees is plenty warm for all but the most demanding freshwater tropical fish ... although a heater would be good to have once winter gets here!

your son probably wants a "pleco", but a warning, they can grow up to 2 feet long! ... so it's not really a good fish for the "long haul" ... there are dwarf plecos, and other sucker mouth catfish ... check out www.planetcatfish.com for great info on all sorts of catfish

or just www.google.com for more info on tropicals.

Thanks for the heads up. I will move him back to his 1 gal bowl tomorrow. I am thinking it would be nice to get a small tank. Then plant it with a plant and gravel and a rock to give it a homey feeling.

For a fish that sucks on the tank walls what about a chinese algae eater? It only gets to about 5 inches.

For a fish that sucks on the tank walls what about a chinese algae eater? It only gets to about 5 inches.

CAE will defintely get bigger than this. I have seen them up to a foot in the LFS. When they get larger they also get more aggressive. They will actually rasp the sides of slower moving fish.

I know you said you have a large tank (75g) but I don't think this would be the fish you would want for this purpose. Especially with slow moving fish like bettas.

Back
Top Bottom