cold water to tropical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys. i have a cold water tank and in a year or so would like to go tropical. is this easy to do? if so whats the best way?
i have 2 white cloud minnow fish and 2 platies. when i go tropival ill be getting a bigger tank as mine is only 28l ( which i think is 7 gallon)

the reason im asking is because i like to learn all i need to know before i do it. and i wont just do it and learn the hard way. i want to be 100% comptent in what im doing.

tha ks for you time guys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As far as I know, the only difference is having a heater. I've never kept a cold water though so don't know if there's anything special involved.

hi guys. i have a cold water tank and in a year or so would like to go tropical. is this easy to do? if so whats the best way?
i have 2 white cloud minnow fish and 2 platies. when i go tropival ill be getting a bigger tank as mine is only 28l ( which i think is 7 gallon)

the reason im asking is because i like to learn all i need to know before i do it. and i wont just do it and learn the hard way. i want to be 100% comptent in what im doing.

The only thing you need to do it is tropical fishs and a good steady heater...

ok thanks for your help. do i need to have real tropical plants, or can i stick with artificial?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's your choice, artificial plants are easier to keep. If you have good lighting you can try to keep low lights plants like java fern, they grow usually under any conditions...

You can keep any fake plants you have, water temp doesn't affect them at all. If you wanted to try live, as said above, java fern is a good one. Could also do Anubias Nana and/or java moss. The only thing that matters is their placement, you would want to attach them to something.

Ginty, take my stupid advice: stay artificial, unless you are willing to take a journey from which there is no way back!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ginty, take my stupid advice: stay artificial, unless you are willing to take a journey from which there is no way back!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol - just planted a heap of plants and the fish are lined up

Back
Top Bottom