Colorful bottom fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Passatryde

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am in the process of filling a 55 gallon tank and the only fish I have that spends any time in the bottom area of the tank is a Pleco but I was hoping you all might have ome suggestions for "pretty" bottom fish

All the laser cories are quite colourful

Passatryde said:
I am in the process of filling a 55 gallon tank and the only fish I have that spends any time in the bottom area of the tank is a Pleco but I was hoping you all might have ome suggestions for "pretty" bottom fish

I love rams German blue rams Bolivian rams and golden rams they are for the most part bottom
Dwellers

Check this one out.traccatichthys pulcher. common name Rainbow Loach. Pretty colorful loach.

Wow...thank you all for the great suggestions....I particularly like....no LOVE the German blue rams... I read up on them and the only concern I have is that I read they are a little timid and I have a particular tetra that likes to ram all the other fish in the tank...do you think this will be a problem? I mean I figure the more fish there are the less often each will get it.

+1 on the gbr. In my experience, I've never met a shy ram. Even as singles they seem to want to rule their tank. They're very entertaining to watch, they're curious and all over the place and completely gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom