Colorful fish for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishymaters

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a 30 gallon tank with the following fish in it:
2 Guppies
1 Anglefish
1 Bolivian Ram
1 Platy
1 pleco

What are some bright and colorful fish that could go with them? Also they are all Juveniles except Platy.

Welcome to the forum, I know some fish that might go. the thing is some depend on how your angel fish likes other fish, as opportunists they eat what fits in their mouth.Rams are also aggressive

Boesemani Rainbow: If you want color they got them all. In the store they are usually young with no color and look rather ugly but they get color with maybe a years age. They do shoal and they are peaceful. Getting around 3-4in and omnivores

Gouramis: there are multiple types and colors and they are labyrinth fish meaning they also breath air so make sure you have a gap for that. They can be shy to so have plants and hiding places getting maybe around 3ish inches

Swordtail:males are aggressive towards each other. Grow to. Around 5-6in they like swimming space and plants. Can come in different colors.

Neon rainbowfish:shows best color in heavy planted surroundings not picky with food. The males as most animals are prettier than females. Around 3in and is a schooling fish

More Platties or fancy guppies would also add to your tank maybe add more guppies to make them feel safe and for an excellent display. There are many different colors in guppies so if you don’t love it keep looking. If anyone feels I’m wrong please correct me so I can do better. I would suggest other types of fish but most would be eaten probably.

Back
Top Bottom