Colorful FW 10g?!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I currently have 4 Ghost Shrimp and 2 Black Mystery Snails in my aquarium. I know that that adds up to almost zero bio-load, so I would like to stock up the tank. Wanted a very colorful centerpiece fish. Any ideas? The tank is moderately planted. :)

You could do one of the more showy bettas, like dragonscales, plakats, half moons. I don't know what is in your areas, but I know PEtsmart has recently starting carrying halfmoons and dragonscales. I picked up a gorgeous little male that is bright yellow with a white body. There is the interesting color morph called sunshine that is mostly a halfmoon betta. Bright yellow fins with a deep to light blue body.

Thanks! Yeah I had originally thought of a DG but don't they get sick easily? So a Betta seems like a fun possibility :)

It depends, there is a general problem going around the US currently with the dwarf gouramis having issues. I guess the farms had some sort of issue. Anyway, they themselves are not difficult. Especially in a planted tank, they will feel more secure and any fish will pop their colors better.

Back
Top Bottom