Community Fish - Behaviour Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henry1245

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

Over the past 3 weeks, the behavior of some of my fish has changed:

1. One of my Mollies started nipping and chasing my Platy (the molly then went missing and was found floating on the surface 2 days later)
  2. My other Molly started chasing the Platy
  3. My male Betta is now chasing both of my Bolivian Rams
This is all new bahavior and they used to all get along fine. The fish are quite young (the oldest one is the surviving Molly which i've had for about 4 month, up to my Betta which i've had for about a month and a half) so wandered if it could be terratorial - ?

It just seems like all my nice fish are turning against each other!

Any ideas?

Is it possible the schools are too small and so the fish have time to be interested in picking fights outside of their species? As for the betta, yes. Though if he was added last it's supposed to be less problematic. Try doing a rearrange of the tank objects. Oh, and mollys can be fin nippers so the betta might be feeling harassed and just defending himself from a fish who's developed a bad habit.

i've re-arranged the tank and have bought a school of tetra's and things seem to have calmed down... although the odd face-off happens occasionally still, things seem much better!

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom