Community fish food feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis32

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am just wanting peoples opinions on types of food to use. I I am still a newbie as I've only been doing this for about 3 months. My tank is fully cycled, it is a 75 gallon FW community fish aquarium. My fish are currently 1 small angelfish, 5 zebra danios, one dalmation Molly, 6 bossemani rainbow fish, 6 albino cory catfish. I currently feed them FLUVAL multi protein tropical fish flakes twice a day, and 1 algae wafer every other day in the morning. So does anyone recommend I add another type of food for my fish? Preferably nothing live. Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G360P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

New life spectrum, omega one and Hikari sinking wafers are all great foods. I mix it up. I feed frozen 3 to 4 times a week and the other days flake foods and switch between those brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Omega One and New Life Spectrum are highly recommended commercial foods.

Mix up crushed sinking pellets, regular sinking pellets, and algae wafer broken in half, flakes, and freeze dried bloodworms for a staple. Its a varied diet and you still can feed it in an amount they will eat.

Toss in some of the things below⬇️ as supplements to creat a very healthy diet.

Frozen bloodworms are often a favorite. Live are good too but have a higher chance of passing disease.

Chopped mealworms fed a bit of veggies first are healthy for them and are eaten quickly.

Peas, lettuce, or zucchini that is boiled (and shell the peas) are a veggie supplement.

Ghost shrimp can be added to the tank, to clean and serve as a food source.

Variety is the spice of life, in regards to us as humans, and in a fish's diet. They can actually stop eating if they are constantly only fed a single type of food.

So yeah, get those fish fat and healthy!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom