community tank advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To add
1 platy
5 neons
Some other schooling fish

To rehome
Guppies
RTS?
The red tailed shark really should be in another larger tank but it's up to you.

Ye that sounds good. what other schooling fish would go well with my set up? Tiger barbs?

And how many more fish can my tank handle do you think?

How would a male fighter do if I got rid of the rts? I guess it would be too aggressive to the gourami?

To me I don't see any real problems with your tank besides the shark. There are quite a bit of fish but as long as you keep up with maintenance. The gouramis in my opinion will be just fine. I keep plenty of males together with no problems.

Ok thanks :) good to hear the gouramis are really nice looking fish.

What would go with the rts then?

And could you recommend a schooling fish that would go well with this set up? Any that swim a little higher in the tank as my neons are at bottom

Need something to fill out the middle a bit more

Danios are hardy and would be a good choice.
I also like golden white clouds or mountain minnows. Both are highly active, hardy and inexpensive.
Oh and I would agree don't do tiger barbs.

The Red tail shark has started nipping the tails of the female fighting fish and guppys
So will be getting rid

Also would what fish of mine would not be compatable with a angel fish

I would recommend harlequin rasboras or rainbows.
The gouramis would most likely be intimidated by an angelfish and angelfish often eat neon tetras.

So going off my list of fish in my tank

Minus the red tail shark, guppys, neons and gouramis

So that leaves red cherry shrimp, 6 otto catfish, plattys Molly's and a female fighting fish

Would a angle fish be ok with them?

You think the female betta would fight with the angel and the shrimp get eaten?

I know that but wanting to know which of my fish it would bully because I'm getting rid of some

It would probably be ok with mollies but may harass them and it would most likely hunt the shrimp. And it would definitely bully your betta. I wouldn't be so quick to forget about the gouramis though.

Your gourami would probably be fine with angels i have three tanks w angels one has a blue gourami, one a pearl and the other a school of pink kissers they all get along just fine

Yeah the angel may be ok but if you do get one buy a young one so they grow up together.

Ok thanks will buy young one

Re homed some fish today, updated list:

120 litres main tank
Live plants and bogwood
1 male and 1 female platty
2 honey gouramis
1 blue dwarf gourami
6 otto catfish
1 female fighting fish
Baby Red cherry shrimp

So to confirm
If I wanted a angel fish in this tank would it now be ok?

With my betta being female maybe she will be ok with them she is young

Back
Top Bottom