Community Tropical Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlelouie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to know if these guy's will be good in my 6gal (23ltr) tank. It uses carbon filtration and a bio-wheel. It is 26.7 deg cel and pH7.3

Currently has 5 cardinal tetras and 1 clown loach (as of yesterday)
Next week I would like to add 2 baby BN 9apx length 5cm, with a piece of driftwood.
The following week I woud like to add 2 dwarf gouramis.

What plants would best suit this setup and tank size (Apx. dim. W37cm x D19cm x H30cm) I currently have a ceremic log and 2 plastice plants in there.

Have had some exp with banana plant which has that nice lilypad type leaves also had some plant that broke down quickly and clogged the intake tube.

Any feedback would be most appreciated :wink:

IMO, you will have too much bio load in the tank if you add any more fish. 5 cardinals and the clown loach is about the limit for a tank this size. I'm not sure what a BN 9 is? I'm guessing you have the Eclipse System 6 since you mentioned the bio wheel? You may need to retro some more light into the hood to successfully keep plants other than the most undemanding ones. I'm not the plant guy here though so I'd get some more opinions on that.
Logan J

Thanks loganj for your input.

BN bristlenose catfish (9=typing error) :oops:

The tank is so empty with this little community :cry:

If I was to add the others would I just need to do more wc per month ie. 3+?

Yes my tank is a system 6, how would I add more light....just the type of tube....if so what type...currently has T5-8watt lamp which gives full spec daylight which I believed was ideal for plant growth as well as colour enhancement.

Thanks for your feedback 8)

My only concern is your Clown loach, it will probley grow out of that tank fairly quick, you could use low light plants with your lighting if you prefer not to go out and buy new lighting.
Microsorium Pterpous (Java fern)30 watts per 25 gallons, Vesicularia dubyana (Java moss)25 watts per 25 gallons.
great for starting out with plants I would say then you can always upgrade later on.

Good luck.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I hadn't looked at getting a Clown Loach when researching but the aquarium guy told me that an addition of one of these would help in keeping any worms in gravel under control! We'll see :fadein:

Thanks for the info on the plants, I'll do a bit of research on them based on my size tank and lighting etc.

:p In appreciation :wink:
LL

Back
Top Bottom