Companion for lone rummynose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
My rummynose is now all alone as of an hour ago- the other rummy died and I cannot get any more of them as the local fish store shut down. What would be a nice companion for the poor thing? It's 10 gallons- I had to downgrade, it was originally 30- and I'd like only a few fish, relatively hardy. I don't want to deal with the endless cycle of guppies. The tank has a high water flow with lots of rocks rather than plants as the plants keep getting uprooted by the high water volume, so I don't think it'd be suitable for a betta unless I block the flow and bettas are a bit too aggressive anyway for this situation. Any advice? I'm mostly limited to the very common tetras, livebearers, and the like with my shopping options.

Thanks!

Aw, poor little guy D: It's always super sad when a social fish gets left on it's own.

Hmm, let's see.. you could probably get away with 6 smaller tetras like neons or cardinals in the 10g.
Though if you can find zebra danios, they are known for being hardy fish and you only really need about 4 or 5 of them. I don't think they need larger schools like neons prefer.

Best of luck to you and your little lone fella! If anyone else has any tankmate suggestions, please let OP know because I'm not entirely sure what would be best in this situation.

Ember tetras, black neon teteas. Any rasboras. They are not sensitive. Please note I said black neon tetras and not normal neon tetras which are very sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom