compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fishman1234 said:
Right, IF I get te fish I want all togeher I would have 12 neons, 6 corys, 1 plec, 4 male gppuys, 2 female mollys, 1 male swordie and 3 female platys

Whoa... Ok, how about this for your final stocking... (including what's in there now.)

6 neons
6 corys
1 pleco (hopefully not common...)
3 male guppies
2 female mollies
1 male swordtail
3 female platys
For sectional stocking, I think your good, and bioload wise, you seem ok. What type of filter do you have?

Dunno what my filter is. If I canceled out the plec could I have a total of 16 neons, 6 corys, 4 male guppies, 2 female mollies, 1 male swordie and 3 female platys?? :) not really liking the look of the plecs, would angelfish get. On with these if I deducted the amounts of fish Im going to get? :)

fishman1234 said:
Dunno what my filter is. If I canceled out the plec could I have a total of 16 neons, 6 corys, 4 male guppies, 2 female mollies, 1 male swordie and 3 female platys?? :) not really liking the look of the plecs, would angelfish get. On with these if I deducted the amounts of fish Im going to get? :)

You can cancel the pleco and add the angel, but the neons won't work. That would put you at this:

6 neons
1 angel
4 male guppies
3 female platys
6 cories
1 male swordtail
2 mollies

fishman1234 said:
Am going to get a nice new filter when I get my new fish :p

For filters, I'd go with two aquaclear 50 gallon filters. Then you could have both the pleco and the angel. (still no more neons.)

Each neon has a bioload, and those 16 neons will have more bioload then an angel or pleco would.

How about, no angelfish, no plec. I get all the fish I want and instead of getting 16 neons alltogeter I get 4 more neons to make the total of neons to 12?

Or the grandtotal of the tank having 10 neons, 4 gyppies, 3 platys, 1 swordie, 6 corys and 2 mollies?

If I had 8 neons, 4 guppies, 3 platys, 6 corys, 1 swordie and 2 mollies would I have any more room and if I do how many inches of fish would I have?

Hey the other guy is giving good advice but I have better for pleco try to find butterfly plecostomus they are smaller than bristlenose and look cool get two those so they a have friend and they're inexpensive and the cool thing is their entire body sucks onto the surface
And they grow 4" max average 3" and I got some free fry from Petco there mollies and they really cute and look funny so just let them stay with the adults and nature will take it's course in survival of the fittest. But u can put in a breeding tank to nurse as well. But keep like 6 neons 3 of each species u wanted Molly swords and platy.
And for the corydoras get 4-6 panda or leopard spotted corys but the pandas are nice and are very small and don't get big ( i think there the nicest of all corydoras) dont get any emerald green or albino cories cuz they will be 4" or more sometimes and add some live plants and to feed the fry smash the fish food into a powder. And add 3 guppies there nice and finally add some sparkling gourami or Pygmy gourami they grow to like 1" and look like mollies and their really nice and friendly. And have nice colors and wer do u live?

fishman1234 said:
If I had 8 neons, 4 guppies, 3 platys, 6 corys, 1 swordie and 2 mollies would I have any more room and if I do how many inches of fish would I have?

You could do the pleco. The inch per fish rule is bogus. A bristlenose pleco and you'd be stocked.

I don't want any mollie fry ty, got some in the tank already for gods sake, getting rid of them all soon

Homedog98 said:
You could do the pleco. The inch per fish rule is bogus. A bristlenose pleco and you'd be stocked.

Well butterfly pleco are better an smalle and they look nicer

Back
Top Bottom