compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Large male mollies and swordtails can be quite territorial. They do not want to share their girls.

Nah it's all good, was thinking of all male guppies all female mollies all female platys and 1 male swordie :)

You already have neons on the original post so, yes they will work. Just be sure you keep the tetras in a school with a bare minimum of 6, 8 or more is really the best size school. The dwarf grourami should work too. I have one with a school of glowlight tetras, ghost shrimp and a bristlenose pleco. He is pretty calm unless a fish comes in his territory, but he has never caused any damage.

That is a lot of fish and livebearers have a high bio-load. What size tank are you putting these fish in out of curiosity?

My tank has 8 Platy , 3 neons and two headlight tail lights. Everyone gets along great. Everyone hangs out with everyone. Just a suggestion in my experience with my Platy, get more females than males. They say 2 females for every male. One of mine became teritorial by bullying one of the other males until he was so weak he died. But if you get all females you should be fine. Or one male if you chose.

Back
Top Bottom