Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
75 gallon planted tank.

List I've picked:
2 Dojo Loaches
1 Angelfish
1 Kribensis
2 Keyhole Cichlids
5 Glass Cats
5 Cherry Barbs
5 Boesemans Rainbowfish
5 Bleeding Heart Tetras

AqAdvisor says I'm good besides the Keyholes breeding. How can I determine the sex so I can get 2 male and they won't breed?

I don't trust just a stocking generator though what do you guys think???

Oh and I already have 1 dojo loach in there so it's only adding 1 more.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423588327.065993.jpg

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

I'd probably take out the Krib. I'm just not a fan of them in community environments. Give it a try but just remember they can be aggressive and territorial.

You may be fine because you only have one and not a pair. Just make sure there's a nice cave or something for him to claim.

I'd probably take out the Krib. I'm just not a fan of them in community environments. Give it a try but just remember they can be aggressive and territorial.

You may be fine because you only have one and not a pair. Just make sure there's a nice cave or something for him to claim.

Okay it was just an idea. What would you suggest in his place?

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

I'd take out the krib and up the number of glass catfish. My experience has been they do best with groups of 8+, preferably 10 or more. Also, with my rainbows, when I only had 5 they became pretty nippy towards each other and other fish. I'd work your stock to where you can have more of them or cut them out completely. How fast and zippy they are might annoy the angelfish and keyholes.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'd take out the krib and up the number of glass catfish. My experience has been they do best with groups of 8+, preferably 10 or more. Also, with my rainbows, when I only had 5 they became pretty nippy towards each other and other fish. I'd work your stock to where you can have more of them or cut them out completely. How fast and zippy they are might annoy the angelfish and keyholes.

Sounds good I'll bump it up to 8-9 of them

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

I hear a lot of people complaining that the rainbowfish are much too fast and aggressive about getting to the food first in community settings. I typically don't mix zippy fish with my calm quiet species. Glass cats are fairly shy fish and I do not believe they would compete well with Rainbowfish

I had to target feed the glass catfish at work to make sure they got food. I used a Turkey baster to target feed them frozen food as they often will not eat flake.

Some of the dwarf sp of rainbowfish some the little ones, like the threadfins are very nice and are much calmer fish. But with them I have to crush up their prllets and flakes as they have tiny mouths and throats

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hear a lot of people complaining that the rainbowfish are much too fast and aggressive about getting to the food first in community settings. I typically don't mix zippy fish with my calm quiet species. Glass cats are fairly shy fish and I do not believe they would compete well with Rainbowfish

I had to target feed the glass catfish at work to make sure they got food. I used a Turkey baster to target feed them frozen food as they often will not eat flake.

Some of the dwarf sp of rainbowfish some the little ones, like the threadfins are very nice and are much calmer fish. But with them I have to crush up their prllets and flakes as they have tiny mouths and throats

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a good point, the rainbowfish will outcompete for food.

Well I got the cherry barbs tonight. Very zippy and loving the tank. They are fat from over feeding.

I decided against the class cats, maybe the angel too because I really love the Rainbowfish.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

Yeah that's a good point on the rainbows and glass cats. I'd get that school up. Cherry barbs are awesome i have a few. Definitely the cows of the tank. Always chewing or eating something.

Back
Top Bottom