Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliemichelle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently researched and bought 2 dalmation lyretail mollies, 4 mickey mouse platys, 4 regular platys, 2 black sailfin mollies (sadly 1 died on day one and the other has a horrible case of ick) and 2 red cap oranda goldfish. According to my research all of these like water in the 75 degree range and salt (even the goldfish-evidently these desire warmer temps and enjoy salt). The 2 black sailfin mollies were an impulse and I didn't research them. I have had them for a week now and everyone except the black sailfin seem to be getting along great. The sailfin (with ick) is chasing the other fish around - especially the goldies but doesn't seem to be causing any damage. He just rubs. Could it be the ick or just his abrasive personality? Should I find him a new home? Can everyone live in peace? P.S.--55 gallon tank with gravel and 20 artificial plants and 3 caves and a flower pot. Temp hovers around 76-78 and ph is 7.5 and ammonia is at 0 ppm.

Duh Julie....I currently have 8 fancy tailed guppies in QT right now and would like to add them to the mix. Will they all be peaceful?

Back
Top Bottom