Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tank: 46 gallon bowfront

Fluval 205 filter
Fully cycled average 5ppm nitrates
Temp 25-26 can be lowered

Current stock:
10 neons
8 harle's
2 male swords

I would like to add

1 male and 1 female GBR
1 x small angel fish

Would these 3 new additions get along together and with the current stock?

Thanks

The rams will be fine. The angel probably won't. The neons are in their first and you will get a small angelfish but you risk the angelfish eating the neons when it gets bigger. The angelfish might get a bit aggressive with other fish as well if it's on its own. But the rams will be fine.

The angel would be fine. Usually when you get them small and have big neons they don't eat them. I have a full grown angel with rummys in a 29 and a couple of the rummys are pretty small. I'm more worried about my huge SA bumbleebee cat eating them then my angel.

Yeh. My main concern was with the angel and neons but I did hear that a juvenile angel would be ok with them.

What about the rams and the angel?

I agree that stock sounds find to me. My angel was NOT raised with neons, and she is 6 years old and does not eat the ones that have been in the tank a few months. The rams like the lower levels of the tank and angels usually upper, if you have tall plants, so they shouldn't bother each other.

I agree that stock sounds find to me. My angel was NOT raised with neons, and she is 6 years old and does not eat the ones that have been in the tank a few months. The rams like the lower levels of the tank and angels usually upper, if you have tall plants, so they shouldn't bother each other.

Thanks khuligirl. Looking forward to the new additions! :)

Back
Top Bottom