Compatibility Question~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettafish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I went on AqAdvisor to see if I could keep rummynose tetras with my neon tetras and my betta in my 14 gallon tank. It also said I could have 4 panda cories too :D Was it right or wrong? Could I really keep them together? My betta is pretty peaceful, chases the neons a bit but nothing aggressive. I'm aware that I would be at 100% stock level if I got the rummynose's and the cories. ^^ I really hope I can have the rummies >.< They're so very pretty :3

img_1169340_0_a4626de6ef50451d495eeb6671b27cef.png

Yes, it should be fine. Neons and rummynose are not very nippy, and I've never heard of a cory bullying anything :lol: so I predict success.

That said, be prepared for it not to work out, as we all know how bettas can be.

Yaye! Your sure that tankwise, everyone would have enough room? I suppose that now I know that I can have rummynoses in my tank, I should go check their prefered temperatures and whatnot. Do you know what rummynose tetras eat? and what the cories eat? It would help me out alot :D

Rummys will eat the flake food, Frozen food. Pretty much what your feedding the tetras
The corys will eat sinking algea wafars and the frozen foods and flake because they are omnivores

I'm not sure if AqAdvisor takes into account decorations when it calculates stocking levels - and while the Tetras and Betta might not mind a lot of stuff to cruise around in, the Panda Cories might feel a bit cramped in a 14gal if there's a lot of stuff sticking out if the bottom.

Ahh, I see. Well I wont be getting the new fish anytime soon so that'll give me time to get sand substrate and more hiding places for the cories and rummynoses'. I'll be able to get 6 rummies instead of 5 now because I sadly lost a neon today :/

Yeah, I try to keep my tank at LEAST 78F, so no worries there then ^^

Back
Top Bottom