Compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm debating whether or not I should separate my albino rainbow shark and the red tail shark in my 65gal. They've been showing some hostility towards each other lately. The challenge for me at the moment, I have a 46 currently battling ich and a 60gal on it's way this Saturday that will still need to be cycled before I can transfer any fish in. If the sharks can "play" nice until then.. My question is this, can an albino rainbow shark go in with 2 gbrs 10 cardinals 3 raspboras and possibly discus?

I would separate them, personally. You don't know when they push it too far and someone really gets hurt. You could get a plastic storage bin to transfer one over with an aerator and heater.

I had a divider kicking around and have sectioned off part of the tank for the albino

Mlani said:
I had a divider kicking around and have sectioned off part of the tank for the albino

I hit the send button by mistake lol
Do you think that will work for the time being? At least until I get the other tank up ad running? The red tail split the albinos top fin :-( Do you think the albino will get along with the other community fish I mentioned?

He's a baby still a little over 2"

Attachments

• image-1130135513.jpg
    image-1130135513.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 82
No one? I'm still debating this one, and can't find any info on whether or not it will work.

There is no way that I would try putting a rainbow shark in with discus or gbr personally. Its up to you if you want to try, but knowing their temperament, I wouldn't do it. I would just re-home one of them.

The albino is doing better in the 65gal I rearranged things and the redtail is leaving him alone now. I just wanted to ask in case something happens again in the future. I guess I can just keep changing things up when it does.

Update* the albino and red tailed did not work out in the 65 gal at all. Seems once they decided they didn't like each other (right around the 5-6" age) they wouldn't leave each other alone. First split fin I moved the albino into the 80 gal and he looks great! Getting fatter daily and he's worked out a deal with the discus too. He gets the bottom and one log, the discus gets everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom