Compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have 2 German blue rams. One male and 1 female. I also have 10 neons. It's a 40 gallon (uk) are the rams compatible with angel fish? Would it be irresponsible if I put 2 angels in with the neons if I bought them as juveniles? Is it easy to sex angels so I don't end up with 2 males? Would the rams bully the angels while they are small?

There is plenty of plants rocks and hiding places in the tank.

I would say rams and angels are fine. But with the neons in there angelfish will eat them.

Yes I thought that. Suppose I could re-house the neons when the angels are big enough to eat them. Would really like angels and have had them before. I read they need to be in groups of 4 though also.

Yes I thought that. Suppose I could re-house the neons when the angels are big enough to eat them. Would really like angels and have had them before. I read they need to be in groups of 4 though also.

They do fine singly or in a pair as well. Three causes trouble if you end up with a pair. I say stick to two as well.

Thanks for all your replies. I'll probably get a couple in the near future. I'll get them from young and see how they do. Hopefully I won't get 2 males. I believe they are hard to sex when young?

Back
Top Bottom