Compatible Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idealconcepts

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just took over a 130Gal tank from my Aunt and Uncle, that included 2 catfish and an Angel fish, the Arowana (SP?) died. I currently have an Emperor 400 power filter running (came with the tank) and purchased two Rena Filstar XP3. I have one of the Renas running with the Emperor until I begin to add more fish, in which I transition the other Rena and remove the Emperor power filter. I have only added 1 algae eater and 3 tin foil barbs, looking to add one more barb. My question is I am going to fill the tank with cichlids and would like to add silver Arowana last, will these fish be compatible? I know the Arowana will be very aggressive and thus looking at adding a couple Oscars and other aggressive cichlids. Any comments suggestions are appreciated and thank you in advance. :)

-IdealConcepts

what kind of catfish are they?
the angle fish wont last
the ttank will be full with the tin foil barbs reaching 12"+ there wont be any room for a couple oscars and no room for a arowana, and arowanas arnt aggressive mabey the jardini is. and oscars are not aggressive fish at all.

Not sure exactly what type of cat fish but they are decent size about 6 inches long and 2 inches thick. Not worried about the Angle fish, will hopefully give him/her away to someone. I will stick with 3 tin foil barbs, what is general range of time for the barbs to reach 12 inches? My mistake, the experiences I have had with Oscars was they were aggressive and my uncles and girlfriends Arowanas were aggressive with the other fish. Thanks for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom