Compatible fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even the smallest gar reaches 18" need at least a 180 to keep one. Which would be the FL./spotted gar.

Again a 55 is only 12" deep so almost everything you have mentioned gets far to big for that tank.

Lol that's cool I've actually been wanting a freshwater barracuda and I've seen brown African knives and my 55 is much deeper than 12 " I think it's 19" but it's also wide and tall but I might be getting the measurements mixed up...

Lol that's cool I've actually been wanting a freshwater barracuda and I've seen brown African knives and my 55 is much deeper than 12 " I think it's 19" but it's also wide and tall but I might be getting the measurements mixed up...

Post the dimensions. It makes a big difference.

Regardless a clown knife and gar wouldn't work. They need minimum of 180-300g 6-7' long tanks. By 2'.

55's are 12.5" wide, 75's are 18" wide. You are also posting a lot of bad information. I'd be careful what you claim to be a fact about certain fish, someone could read a post and assume it is correct.

If you want a small predatory fish that looks like a gar go with a Hujeta.

Ok I really like that plant I have a water Lilly and some other plants and ill have to measure again

I'll have to look that fish up it has a kewl name XD and don't believe anything I say I'm 16 and don't know a lot

Hujeta's are known as Rocker Gar's, FW baracuda's, etc.. They school but I've kept them individually. You can get them on pellets but they prefer feeders.

Ok good I like feeding fish other fish I like to watch the different tactics each one uses to catch its prey it quite interesting

55's are 12.5" wide, 75's are 18" wide. You are also posting a lot of bad information. I'd be careful what you claim to be a fact about certain fish, someone could read a post and assume it is correct.

If you want a small predatory fish that looks like a gar go with a Hujeta.

Pretty sure he mistook my 12" deep comment as in actual depth of the water haha.

But yeah. I still think a 4' tank is to short for them speedy lil gars/gar like fish.

Specially seeing how he seems adamant on feeding live feeders. I can't count how many posts I have read over the years about people's fish harming themselves (breaking spines and such or scrapes/cuts on ornaments/equipment) smacking the sides of tanks chasing feeders.

Back
Top Bottom