Complete makeover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, so I'm looking up fish to replace my cardinals, I really want cichlids, and I find that most americans are either too big for my 30 gallon (oscars), or may not get along with cories because they feed at the same level (firemouths). So I'm thinking, no prob, I'll just move the cories and ottos to the 5 1/2 gallon, give the hatchets back to the lfs, and have a nice planted tank in my 5 1/2 and a s.a. cichlid tank in my 30. (or buy a 10 gallon for the cories and ottos ;)) so I can get firemouths. And then I'm like wait...if I get rid of the cories I'll have an empty tank! I'm thinking...OVERHAUL! Are there any african cichlids that will be happy and breed in a 30 gallon (right now going bigger isn't an option)? I can get southdown and some big round rocks without a problem for a really cool lake biotope, but I want to make sure they'll be happy. Thanks in advance for the advice!

I think brichardi would be great in there, as I believe they are relatively easy to breed and the older broods help take care of the subsequent spawns. I am jealous! It is so much fun to plan a new tank.

i know firemouths and acaras would do great in there, some stretchs are jack dempseys or maybe even salvinis

Back
Top Bottom