Completely silent filter for small tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, not at all! Why do you ask?

Just because if I needed an air pump to oxygenate the water it wouldn't be worth to me, since I am looking for quietness. (I am not assuming that all air pumps in the planet are noisy(well, the ones I know are but), just that it would be much more simple to me if I could find one filter to do all the job).

If increased gas exchange is something you are looking for then during theday you can pull the water outlet above water level, so that there is turbulence on the surface. Then at night push it back below water level and presto all quiet again. You are right most air pumps are somewhat noisy.

Do you have a CO2 system why do you need extra oxygen in there?

Do you have a CO2 system why do you need extra oxygen in there?

No no, my fault, let me explain things better,
I don't really need increased gas exchange, it's just that I plan on cycling my tank and I need just enough oxygen so that the bacterias can survive (my fish doesn't need it).

Mr. Limpet said:
Here's the filter I have in my 8g EBI and it's completely silent as long as you keep the water topped off.

Amazon.com: Fluval Nano Aquarium Filter: Kitchen & Dining

That looks like a pretty good filter. I wonder how it compares to the nano filters I've purchased?

Amazon.com: TOM Aquarium Mini Internal Filter 45gph adjustable flow: Home & Garden

The dimensions are similar for both of them (my filter measured the spray bar length for some reason instead of the diffuser). Mine has a container with carbon in it, but I was able to open it and replace the carbon with Biomax.

That looks like a pretty good filter. I wonder how it compares to the nano filters I've purchased?

Amazon.com: TOM Aquarium Mini Internal Filter 45gph adjustable flow: Home & Garden

The dimensions are similar for both of them (my filter measured the spray bar length for some reason instead of the diffuser). Mine has a container with carbon in it, but I was able to open it and replace the carbon with Biomax.

It looks like the same spray bar, which I really like. It has suction cups to hold it on the wall, so adjusting if the water level changes is a snap. I've made mine so it's a 4 stage filter with 2 sponges (different micron levels), poly-fil and biomedia.

Mr. Limpet said:
It looks like the same spray bar, which I really like. It has suction cups to hold it on the wall, so adjusting if the water level changes is a snap. I've made mine so it's a 4 stage filter with 2 sponges (different micron levels), poly-fil and biomedia.

Very nice. And I like the spray bar as well. These filters are great for shrimp or even betta tanks.

I think I saw your filter in the LFS yesterday, and I think it's much bigger than the Tom Aquarium mini filter, although the product dimensions on Amazon don't seem to agree with me. I think the product dimensions on my filter were done with the spray bar on it stretched out, because the filter length without it is less than 5", and the width is just under 1.5".

Back
Top Bottom