Cone Breeders - What species should I try?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoseidonCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know angelfish and discus like to spawn on those ceramic cones, in your experience do other species like to do it as well (will they prefer them over rocks for example?) They can be cichlids or any other fishes, I just got a cone from a discus breeder (I don't plan on trying discus until I work with an easier species first) and since I have a spare tank I wanted to try breeding something fun. All suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Wow, nobody here has ever used breeding cones, I thought they were fairly popular, live and learn I guess.

Maybe try posting in the "breeding" section. Might get some responses from people who are more active and experienced breeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

OK, but last time I was told to post something in a special forum (my question about self-cloning marbled crayfish) I received zero responses in the invertebrate forum and about 5 in here. Wish me luck...

I think corry's have been known to use them I can't really think of anything else that might however

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom