Confessions of an addict! (Just for fun!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhNeil1969

Aquarium Advice Addict
They say the first step to recovery is to admit that you have a problem. Well here I go. My name is Neil and I'm a fishaholic;)!

Whew! I feel better now. I have a 29 gallon tank that's almost fully stocked (that's probably the fishaholic talking) and fully cycled. BUT I CAN'T STOP THINKING OF WHAT I WANT TO DO NEXT! I need help:). What do you do when everything is OK and the only thing you need to do is your normal PWC's? AA is the usually the first site I check in the morning and the last site I check at night. I don't think it's a coincidence that this site shares the same initials as a well know addiction organization. I stayed up until 4 am the other night just switching between this site and other fish sites (usually would google something I read on this site).

So my question to everyone is: what do you do to keep yourself sane when you're not working on your tank? I'd love to hear your stories. I hoping I'm not the only one out there suffering from this terrible disease. Who knows, maybe we can start a support group:D!

I totally understand you, I'm an avid reader of the AA forums, I keep learning a lot, just reading, and I started already to provide some advice, based on my short experience or based on the amount of reading in the forums.

I would like to suggest you to enjoy your fish, spend time watching your tank rather that reading late in the forums.

I find great pleasure just observing my tank, at the end, all the effort and hard work related to maintaining your tank is because you or your family can enjoy healthy and happy fish.

Nevertheless, I'm fishaholic too, I started as a challenge after a terrible initial experience where I lost at least 30 fish, and later the challenge turned into a hobby!!
:shock:

Sorry about that initial loss! I'm glad that you didn't give up though.
Don't worry though, I do love to watch my tank (although I usually have my laptop near so I can check up on some new idea I may have;)).

Back
Top Bottom