Congo or Black Skirt Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am having a hard time trying to decide which Tetra I would like in my tank. I had originally planned on black skirt tetras but recently discovered congo tetras and like that they are so colorful. This is my first tank and I had read that black skirt tetras make a good beginner fish but I have seen nothing either way about the congo tetras. I would appreciate any advice as to which of these fish would be more interesting and/or more dificult to keep. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

There both fine. If you have a big enough tank i would go ahead and get congos.

It's a 55 gall. It's going to have 6 tetras, 4 gouramis, 2 dojo loaches, 1 rainbow shark, 1 thomasi pleco, and 1 synodontis eupterus

sounds like you have made up your mind. Either would work and there both beutiful. Also they are both good for begginers.

Watch your gouramis if they are male they are territorial and if they decide to want the same area of the tank one will probably end up pretty badly beaten up or dead. Some areas it is easy to get female gourami but in my area it is nearly impossible.

Back
Top Bottom