Constipation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fish have been suffering from constipation. Can you buy freeze dried plant matter to feed them so they have more fiber? I don't know what to feed them outside of their pellet diet. I used to feed them brine foods, but haven't been able to get to the store for more in a while. Is that something that would help? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you tried a blanched de shelled pea? Work's well when I had fish that were constipated.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Have you tried a blanched de shelled pea? Work's well when I had fish that were constipated.

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

I have not. I forget how to blanche food. But I put some low dose epsom salts in the water. I read that helps. I forget the fish site.

I drop my peas into a boiling pan for a min then add to cold water then take the shell off them. Epsom should work as well.

I drop my peas into a boiling pan for a min then add to cold water then take the shell off them. Epsom should work as well.

I think the epsom helped. Bono doesn't have any poop sticking out of his body anymore and his belly looks a little less bloated.

I tried to get my betta to eat some pea. I'm pretty sure he was glaring at me and calling me names.

Back
Top Bottom