CONTEST: Pick the quickest fish, win a prize!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight I need to net all of the fish in my freshwater tank, put them in a bucket, and move them one town over to my new house. I have a 4 inch and a 6 inch net for this task, I will be catching the fish with no plants or decorations in the tank, and the water level at half. I will be catching the fish as I am able to scoot them into the net in no particular order. If I can catch it, it goes in the net.

Catching fish is not high on my list of fun activities, so I decided to turn this into a contest. Which fish does everything think will be the hardest to catch? The only winner here will be the absolute last fish I am able to get in the net. Since I have small schools of some fish, those might be the safest bets. Here are the contestants:

4x Cherry Barbs - Very docile, but they spook easily and run from anything that is not a Cherry Barb

4x Sunburst Platys - Highly engertic fish, but somewhat dumb

4x Neon Tetras - Small and quick. Schooling behavior may make these easier to catch.

2x YoYo Loaches - Fast and agile with good street smarts (for a fish)

1x Lemon Cobra Guppy - Oldest fish I own

1x Bushy Nose Pleco - Hides all day long, only comes out at night.

1x Clown Pleco - Just a little guy, about 2 inches long

1x Oto Cat - Quick swimmer and moves erratically

To enter, all you need to do is post in this thread which fish type you think will be the very last fish I am able to catch. Tomorrow, I will take all of the correct guessers and pick one at random. The winner gets... A Tetra Test Deluxe test kit that I have used ONCE. I got this for my marine tank, it works perfectly fine, but I wanted something different since I have trouble with some of the colors in this kit. Someone with proper eyesight can get a lot of use out of this :) The kit is this one:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...est&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=0

I will pay for shipping to get the kit out to the winner :)

//Update: No international shipping, sorry :p

cherry barbs

be careful with the oto, the first time I had to move mine, his mouth got stuck on the net and I thought I'd loose him because it took almost a minute to get him free. I found it better to get a clear plastic cup and when they are on the wall scoop them up from underneath.

An amazing fish outlasted the net longer than all others and won! Please wait until tomorrow as I verify the results and prepare some pictures of the event. Keep up those guesses coming until I post the winning fish and determine who wins the test kit :D

Are they keeping these contests?

This is just me personally doing something for the forum. I can not really use the test kit anyway, this is a good way to get it out to someone who can use it and have some fun in the process. If it makes you feel any better, I think I have a few more things to give away :)

Here is the tank in my new (empty) house:

newtank.jpg

Back
Top Bottom