Converting my 55 gallon to Rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucas82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not sure if anyone has done more editing and revisions to their tanks than me in the past 2 months, lol. It has been a lot of work. So far I have a 45 Gallon with 5 Sepik Rainbows, 4 Behler's Rainbows, 5 Albino Buenos Tetras, and one zebra Danio. A little overstocked but I have a good filter and will religiously change the water. I also have a 40 gallon with 3 Zebra Danios, 4 Buenos Aires Tetras, currently with 3 soon to be 5 Boesemani Rainbow Fish. Now my current project is my 55 Gallon. Hoping to get 4-5 smaller schooling fish plus 6 Parkinson's Rainbows, and another species of Rainbows undecided as of yet (but I'm leaning toward the Millenium Rainbows). Wish me luck, pics to follow soon.

Re:

Awesome, thanks! What size tank and varieties of Rainbows do you have?

Awesome, thanks! What size tank and varieties of Rainbows do you have?
I have a 60 with boesmani and Australians at the moment :)

If you can order online, I found a place called oddball fish.com that has tons of types of rainbows. I ordered a few from them and they are the best looking rainbows I've ever seen. I'm gonna place another order with them eventually lol A tank with a big school of rainbows looks amazing!

Are you set on only Parkinson's? Why not get a couple of a few different types?

re:

That sounds like an awesome tank. I have checked out Oddballfish.com and they have a lot of great Rainbows. I was going to order them but a local store called "Animal House" specializes in Rainbows and they had many of the varieties available online. My favorite so far are my Sepik Rainbows. They have some awesome colors. Especially since I changed over to a 50/50 light. I attached some pics of the 45 gallon with the Sepik (Orange body) and Bleher's (Purple/red/white body) Rainbows. If you have some pics of yours I'd like to check them out.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1363.jpg
    IMG_1363.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 98
I forgot to answer your question about the Parkinson's Rainbow, sorry. I am pretty set on those, if they aren't available then I might think about some other varieties. :)

Nice looking tank!! And you got some cool rainbows there! They are one of my favorite fish, they're so colorful.

I don't have any pics of mine, only a pic of the tank

I told myself I'd never buy from a local store again because they ALL have internal parasites plus, the rainbows are so overpriced, it sucks lol. You're lucky you have a store with so many rainbows!

Rainbows in lfs cost a lot, I would have more than Australians in tank, but a small school would cost over a hundred bucks

I think petsmart has a type of Australians for like 3 bucks each, mine weren't that colorful when I bought them but they're coloring up with age.

Back
Top Bottom