Convict eating guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Earlier today while I was feeding my Bicher a few guppies, I found out that my Convict can eat one of the smaller sized guppies, but barely. It's mouth is just barely big enough to swallow it. I was wondering if I could continue letting the Convict eat the guppies or keep him on smaller sized food. I already feed him brine shrimp and bloodworms.

IMO, convicts can be just as ruthless when it comes to dining on fish as pirhanas.

Add veggies to the diet. It'll help keep the digestive track from blocking up with high protein foods such as bloodworms. Guppies make a fun treat. Feeder danios are a trip to offer because they're really fast and make the fish work for it's food. Keeps them excersized...LOL.

you might want to keep the convict to smaller sized foods for the time being because the larger foods can get stuck in their mouth/throat and cause damage or even death.

Arshis said:
My pink Convict likes to remove eyeballs from feeder fish. :|

mmmm...eyeballs...LOL.

Sounds like African cichlid behavior to me. Who's the fish been hanging out with??? Bros from Tanganiyka??? LOL. Just kidding. I got my laugh for the day.

Back
Top Bottom