Cool bottom feeder suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another Catfish that is between 3" -4" is the Porthole catfish, hardy and peacefull best kept in a shoal.

tonyf1971 said:
Another Catfish that is between 3" -4" is the Porthole catfish, hardy and peacefull best kept in a shoal.

I like em, where would i find these?

I will look for them! I would ask my lfs to order, but they lile always forget

smileyface9 said:
Maybe make sure they write it down?

Haha i have been like, ok, so youll get those (blanks) right? Right before i leave haha

Gboy66 said:
Haha i have been like, ok, so youll get those (blanks) right? Right before i leave haha

Lol, maybe complain to a manager if they don't call you back within a week?

smileyface9 said:
Lol, maybe complain to a manager if they don't call you back within a week?

Lol i ask the manager!

Its okay, its a good store. Ill just go with the flow and see if they get anything that fits my needs!

Anyone have suggestions on a small algea eater that can clean off diatoms from any plant? Anything common? Im thinking ottos

Gboy66 said:
Lol i ask the manager!

Its okay, its a good store. Ill just go with the flow and see if they get anything that fits my needs!

Anyone have suggestions on a small algea eater that can clean off diatoms from any plant? Anything common? Im thinking ottos

Ottos would be great! But i'm not completely sure if they eat plants..i don't think they do though.

I dont think they do, but any other ideas in case? Ottos arent the coolest option IMO

Are you still interested in bumblebee catfish?

They don't necessarily need numbers, but they don't mind it. They are normally recommended for community tanks. They do need a good bit of hiding spaces.

If you do get one (or ten), make sure it is South American. NOT Asian. Asian bumblebee catfish get huge and eat other fish.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Are you still interested in bumblebee catfish?

They don't necessarily need numbers, but they don't mind it. They are normally recommended for community tanks. They do need a good bit of hiding spaces.

If you do get one (or ten), make sure it is South American. NOT Asian. Asian bumblebee catfish get huge and eat other fish.

Bumblebee catfish, ima google them!

Im not sure if i could provide the hiding spots, because im getting some mazanita for the tank. If i see one, it would be a miracle though!

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Driftwood would work. Plants help too. you don't have to have like an actual cave as a hiding spot.

Well good! Iv god driftwood and alot of plants!:) i would get 2, if i found them.

2 cats
3 ottos
1 eel

pygmy cat, pictus cat (my favorite), glass catfish, whiptail cat, there are a few. Not to mention all the small plecos. be careful though there are a lot of huge catfish that are sold as small.

dmk6 said:
pygmy cat, pictus cat (my favorite), glass catfish, whiptail cat, there are a few. Not to mention all the small plecos. be careful though there are a lot of huge catfish that are sold as small.

Are pictus that small?

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Glass cats you would need at least five or six though.

Were you looking for more of a school or a solo?

I was thinking either solo, or 2. I'd get 2 bumblebee cats for suree

Yea, ottos arent the coolest. If i found some pitbull plecos i would SOO get them..

Back
Top Bottom