Coolest/cutes things you've seen your fish do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish24907

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's the coolest or cutest or most beautiful thing you've seen your fish do?

Mine is when I moved my 4 Danios from a smaller tank to a bigger tank. In the old tank, they would play with each other a little bit but mostly be on their own.

But when I first put them in the new tank, they stook together like glue for a little while until they became comfortable with the new tank I guess. I guess they felt more secure being close togother in their new environment and it was great for me to see that my Danios were all buddies. I wish I would have recorded it. It was great.

I think mine would definitely be when my rope fish come out and swim around my discus, they make circles around them rubbing up against them and going from fish to fish. It's pretty kool to watch, the discus like it :)

my old male egyptian mouthbrooder cichlid would flirt with anything. it attempted to spawn with a buffalo cichlid (egglayer) and two MALE zebras. also shimmied at the glass when my human friend watched it for a while!! we died laughing!

my oscars are good at redecorating. they have SHREDDED a PLASTIC plant and dislodged every deco in the tank in some way. Manna also likes to lay on top of Veron! and they are abismal hunters of feeders.

i love my little wierdos :) xx

sometimes when I feed my danios, some food gets stuck tumbling in the filter output and one of my danios will swim soooooo fast through the current to get the food. It's like a treadmill for fish!

I love how my corys swim forward and end up running into other fish. It makes me laugh. I also love watching them and my kuhlis eat. ONe fish will be eating a wafer and then another one will come up and wiggle underneath the first fish thus dislodging it from the wafer. Then, another one will come underneath and do the same thing. Its sort of like they are constantly playing king of the hill in reverse. :)

I added a stronger filter to my tank and my endler's love playing in the current... They go into the corner and swim to the bottom and then zip all the way to the top and back down, one at a time. They take turns and I swear they are egging each other on!

And then yesterday I got some teeny tiny killifish - one is like 2 days past being a fry -- and they immediately started schooling with my guppy trio. They follow them around and the guppies don't seem to mind-- it definitely made me say "awwww!"

My JD loves me. My tank is right next to the door and he sits at the side closest to the door waiting for me. When I walk in he gets really excited and swims around the tank like a maniac. If I sit in my chair in front of the tank he sits and stairs at me. If I'm standing at the sink (it's right next to the other side of the tank), he just sits there and watches me. Whenever I open the top to the tank he swims right up (within 1/2 in of the surface) waiting for food. I only open the tops half way because I'm afraid of him jumping out. I LOVE him so much.

My red wag platy trying school with My zebra danios (only school at 4am for some reason no other time !) He is always different than the others.

Back
Top Bottom