Coolest fancy goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I had an unlimited budget, I would have some VERY unique fish!!! But my husband has a hard time with my justification of spending $500 on a single fish, so its not likely to happen.... There are a variety of 'crossbreds' that are becoming quite popular recently due to their 'unique' appearances as well as some unusual colors. Check out The Goldfish Connection's auction (live every thurs-sun) or their 'Gallery' for pics of some very special fish. :)

GoldfishConnection.com - Showroom
GoldfishConnection.com - Our Goldfish Photo Gallery

I wasn't gonna order anything i was gonna head to a world of fish tomorrow and I'll look for something and if I dont fin anything I like I'll try but there so expensive haha and gorgeous fish( on the website)

Getting a 120 or 150 gallon tank for the Pleco and koi for now then I have room for 1 more goldfish

I do no believe you should add another one. If you follow the stocking suggestion for goldfish of 20 gallons for the first and then 10 gallons for every additional then you would be going overstocked. I might not be right on that basis but i feel i heard it somewhere and i am sure other people can conferm or deny this.

Do you think I could put the larger ones when they get about 6-8 inches in a pond with koi or would koi chew up their fins? Caus my four are all about 3 inches exept one 2 incher

I have to agree with Fishfanatic- I would not add another fancy either. The more water you can offer your guys, the better! As adults, you may have to upgrade further as well. The fancies realistically should not be placed in a pond with koi either. The fancies will suffer.

I am a huge fan of pearscales. I got one a few months ago and it is doing great; very cute, and it's amazing how fast it swims around given its shape which appears hindering. I heard there are even chocolate colored ones but I have not seen one anywhere I look.

Other than those I am also a huge fan of Black Moors.

I have a moor:) but how do you identify the pearlscales? Like when there small

Their bodies are much rounder than normal fancies, and their scales protrude to look like little white cysts or flecks. They are adorable little things who have puppy-esque qualities to them.

Baby Pearlscale Goldfish In Bubble Trouble - Very Funny! - YouTube

The one I have is white with orange patches, but I've so far seen completely orange ones, orange ones with white patches, completely white/silver ones, and calico colored ones with patches of various colors.

Jayjangle said:
Their bodies are much rounder than normal fancies, and their scales protrude to look like little white cysts or flecks. They are adorable little things who have puppy-esque qualities to them.

Baby Pearlscale Goldfish In Bubble Trouble - Very Funny! - YouTube

The one I have is white with orange patches, but I've so far seen completely orange ones, orange ones with white patches, completely white/silver ones, and calico colored ones with patches of various colors.

I'll definitely check it out! I want a kind of fancy that I don't Have I have ryukins black moor and an oranda:) I might just get a lionhead for now cause there the smallest kinds that I know of but idk yet..

I'll definitely check it out! I want a kind of fancy that I don't Have I have ryukins black moor and an oranda:) I might just get a lionhead for now cause there the smallest kinds that I know of but idk yet..

Lionheads are breeds I am looking into myself, but if you want something that is very animated yet physically cute, I would easily recommend a pearlscale of any color. I have even seen pictures online of black moor/pearlscale hybrids.

I actually think you could put the fancies in with koi in a pond. I personally have about a 1500 gallon pond with koi (fancy and regular), shabunkins, and goldfish (fancy and regular). I have seen no problems and the koi all swim together with the shabunkins and the goldies all swim together.

It is not a good idea to keep koi with fancy goldfish. I have a very large pond with koi up to 20 inches. When koi get big they are brutes and feeding time is a wild free-for-all. I have 6-8" orando's and others (inside) that would never be able to compete for food and would get beat all over the place when the koi get rowdy and especially during spawning. Koi are meant to be in ponds, large ponds due to their growth potential. They are carps, totally different than goldfish. Fancy varieties of goldfish are meant for aquariums or ponds dedicated soley to them. Another thing is depending on your states weather fancy goldfish with their distorted swim bladders (because of their egg-shaped bodies) often get swim bladder issues when trying to transition from say hot summers to cold winters.

Ok I'll just get them a larger tank how long would it game for them to be about full grown ? I know about the genetics and feeding an stuff but like on average?

Back
Top Bottom