Cooling Water Temperature.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im doing my regular bi-weekly 1/3 waterchange... and im having to freeze my water to get it remotely close to the temp of the aquarium.. anyone have any faster ways of getting the water from 90 to 78*?

Is the water from your facet coming out at 90F? I know it's hot here, but ..... Are you using indoor tap or the facet outside?
Lesse, short of dry ice, people have been suggesting setting up a fan to blow across the top of the aquarium b/c the evaporation process cools the water. You could do the same for the water you're adding, but I doubt it would be quicker than freezing.
Depending on your tank size and fridge space, you could store the water ahead of time in your fridge in gallon jugs.

Good luck and let's hope this heat breaks really soon! :hat:

i dont see it happening any time soon lol. The water im using is inside the house. im in an apartment. Its a 29G tank, and to change 1/3 is roughly 9 gallons of water.. i for 1 dont have enough jugs to get the water and 2 no space to freeze it lol thanks for the advice about the dry ice... but what do you think about regular ice?

Yeah you could put ice in the water you're going to add to cool it down. But don't put ice in the tank b/c the temp change would freak out the fish. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom