Corey cannibalism???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do coreys eat the dead coreys? Had two in my 10 gallon tank Im using for my Danios fry, and one died and when I took it out, the fins were eaten (all) and it was very red in color. It was a green Corey. And also since i introduced the coreys into the tank, it has been cloudy ever since. I have done two water changes before and now i have moved all fry and coreys to a newer 25 gallon tank and the water is still cloudy. I did use the old and added some new gravel, used the water from the other two 10 gallon tanks( had fry split into two ten gal tanks) and filters as well. Why is the water cloudy like this. I am also running two filter systems to help with the cloudiness but i's not working. Please help. Ammonia level is .25 which I will address today, Ph is 7.0 nitrites are 0, nitrates are 0 but I do have very hard water. Temp of water is 76

Fish will usually eat other dead fish so yes it's possible. Cloudy how? Milky white cloudy? If so it could be a bacterial bloom which is normal in a cycling tank and should go away on its own or with water changes. Test your PH again; PH can't be 0 :) What test kit are you using?

Back
Top Bottom