Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davidsoccer22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have quite a new tropical tank and I'm looking for some hardy cories. Any suggestions?

When I cycled my tank, the first fish that I got was my 4 peppered cories (of course I'm going to get more eventuallly) but they have held up pretty well! I woul suggest them in a heart beat!

Ph doesn't really matter. Fish will adjust to your ph. As long as its not extreme.
Id drip acclimate your new fish though.

And my favorite corys are julli and panda

tarpon said:
Ph doesn't really matter. Fish will adjust to your ph. As long as its not extreme.
Id drip acclimate your new fish though.

And my favorite corys are julli and panda

Are those cories hardy?

All cories are great and hardy IMO, so just pick the one that you like the best! That's the way that I would choose. (I still vote either peppered or julii;))

I'm a proud owner of emerald green cories.

Actually, emerald cories aren't even cories...they are brochis, another species of catfish. The reason they're not cories is because they get bigger than others, like three or five inches. I've never seen mine hit the three inch mark though.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna order some Jullundur cories in. Probably a male and a female.

I would get at least five. They'll be happier and you'll get the most out of them that way.

Actually, emerald cories aren't even cories...they are brochis, another species of catfish. The reason they're not cories is because they get bigger than others, like three or five inches. I've never seen mine hit the three inch mark though.

One of mine I've had over a year, and he's about an inch and a half.

Yeah, I've been doing some research and I might get 2 males and 2 females.

Back
Top Bottom