Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

cories and salt

Hi all!

I have two albino cory catfish in my quarantine tank at the moment. Their quarantine period is up today and I would love to move them to my main tank (20 gal, 1 male betta, 4 neon tetras). My betta was experiencing some minor fin rot, so I had added some salt to the tank to help heal him. Since adding the salt for a few days I have done one 50% water change and one 30% water change, do you think that is enough salt out that it is safe to add the cories? If not, how many more water changes do you recommend I do before it is safe for them? I have seen mixed views on cories and salt, so I want to make sure the tank is safe before adding them!

(also I plan on getting more neons and cories so don't worry about them not having enough friends, my quarantine tank is just super small so I can only do 2-3 fish at a time)

Tags
albino, aquarium salt, catfish, cats, cories, cory, corydoras, fin rot, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com